||Provincetown Town Hall
2011 Massachusetts Historical Commission Preservation Award
2010 Provincetown Historical Commission Preservation Award
The Provincetown Town Hall was designed by Boston architect John A. Fox and constructed in 1886. The building has been utilized continuously as the seat of local government, housing town offices, public meeting spaces and once included the local courtroom, judge's chambers and police department with jail cells.
McGinley Kalsow & Associates led the comprehensive interior and exterior restoration of the historic town hall that involved structural and exterior envelope repairs, programmatic and accessibility improvements and the restoration of character-defining elements throughout the building, including extensive restoration of the Auditorium. The restoration greatly increased energy savings, air quality and improved the work environment. The Auditorium, restored to its original splendor, now provides the largest venue for performances and functions in Provincetown and the Outer Cape and the Town Hall is once again the center of community and cultural life.