McGinley Kalsow & Associtates
 
  Home
  About
  Portfolio
  Clients
 
  Contact
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
 
     
     
     
     
     
 
  Goddard Chapel and Tower Restoration,
Tufts University

Medford, Massachusetts
Goddard Chapel and Tower is a Romanesque-styled structure designed by J. Phillip Rinn and constructed in 1883 as a centerpiece of the Tufts campus.  The chapel was constructed of locally quarried shale with red slate roofs. A comprehensive restoration program was undertaken repairing the slate roofs, completely cleaning and repointing the stone masonry and tower, and selectively releading the stained glass windows.  Dramatic improvements were made in restoring the natural wood finished ceiling in the chapel and making major improvements to lighting and controls. McGinley Kalsow & Associates provided architectural services to Ammann and Whitney, Engineers.


 
previous next
     
           
  Contact Us Site Credits