McGinley Kalsow & Associtates
 
  Home
  About
  Principals
  News
 
  Portfolio
  Contact
   
   
   
   
   
   
 
     
     
     
     
     
 
  Rededication of Sandwich Town Hall

October 2010: The historic Sandwich Town Hall was rededicated October 2, 2010 upon completion of an extensive exterior and interior restoration. The ceremony was well attended by residents, local and state officials. Built in 1834, in the Greek Revival style, this significant wood-framed structure is the first building constructed as a town hall in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places, the building has been in continuous use as the local house of government. McGinley Kalsow led the design team that focused on preserving the historic character-defining features of the building while ensuring functionality as modern day town offices.

Highlights of the 15 month project included the restoration of the meeting hall/auditorium, detailed restoration of the 1870s stenciled ceiling. Making the town hall fully accessible created a landscaped entrance area in front of the building and removed roadway paving that previously continued to the building's front steps. Customer service and staff offices were dramatically improved. Energy efficient lighting, heating and cooling systems led to Cape Light Compact issuing $59,000 in rebates to the Town of Sandwich.

 
     
           
  Contact Us Site Credits